SagaScribe is a 2nd-generation cross-platform gamebook engine that lets you create awesome RPG apps for PC or in-browser. SagaScribe was used to create the Narborion Saga gamebook series and the A Land Fit For Heroes game. SagaScribe is now available for indie studios, tabletop roleplaying companies, authors and game developers to create their own games and publish them!
- Dynamic storytelling engine: you can create a vastly complicated storyline, based on many different variables, choices and actions of your players. The SagaScribe engine will monitor the player’s progress, mark his or her decisions and you can write your gamebook reflecting these choices. This way, you can create a completely non-linear gamebook so that players can re-play it multiple times with multiple endings.
- Isometric map and combat system: moving the overland map, navigating in a dungeon or in a city, or just roaming a dungeon is done using an isometric map. You can design maps using the awesome Tiled tool, then import the map to SagaScribe.
- Turn-based combat system: a good fight is a very important element of any roleplaying session. SagaScribe features a turn-based combat system which resembles tabletop pen-and-paper experience as much as possible. You can design any combats you like, against multiple opponents. The outcome of the combat can decide how the story enfolds.
- Expandable monster database: while we feature many monsters (orcs, goblins, trolls, demons, vampires, wolves, spiders, zombies, skeletons and the like) you are free to expand the monster database as you like. You can select from the available special abilities (like paralyzation, energy drain, poison, multiple attacks and so on) you can add your own with minimal effort.
- Flexible spell engine: we are expanding the spell selection continuously with new magics quite often, you can add your own spells and magical effects. The SagaScribe engine also has a rune-based mosaic magic system.
- Customizable items list: the available list of weapons, armor, potions, magical and mundane items is large, you can create your own items your players can collect or buy.
- Built-in minigames: simple touch-based mini-games like traffic jam, puzzle, Lloyd-15, scales, mastermind, riddles, anagrams are built into the game so you can re-use them whenever you want.
- Bookmarks: the SagaScribe engine includes the server-side component to save games to the cloud. Your players can play across multiple devices (mobile, tablet or PC), so they can access their bookmarks from any device.
- Free-to-play, browser game, completely free, ad-based or pay-per-download monetization: it is completely up to you whether you want to give your game for free, want to monetize via in-app-purchases or you want to published a paid application.
If you’d like to use SagaScribe for your own project, please contact us here for pricing and details.